SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF)
[so called SME Fund]
To encourage small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to expand their markets outside Hong Kong by providing financial assistance to SMEs for participation in export promotion activities.
A company is registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Chapter 310), with substantive business operation in Hong Kong which is related to the project under application at the time of application.
Funding Amount :
- For each successful application, the maximum amount of grant will be 50% of the total approved expenditure incurred by the applicant or HKD100,000, whichever is the less.
- There is no limit on the number of applications by an enterprise for funding support under EMF. The cumulative amount of grant an eligible company may obtain from this funding scheme is HKD400,000.
Scope of Funding :
- Trade fairs/exhibitions outside Hong Kong.
- Business missions outside Hong Kong.
- Local trade fairs/exhibitions which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Placing advertisements on printed trade publications which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Export promotion activities (such as placing advertisements, keyword search, listing product information, setting up or enhancing online shop, etc.) which are conducted through electronic platforms/media and which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Setting up or enhancement of a corporate website/mobile application of the applicant enterprise which mainly targets at markets outside Hong Kong.
With effect from 20 January 2020, the cumulative funding ceiling per enterprise under EMF has been increased to HKD800,000.